There are currently multiple options before corneal transplantation might be required. They range from:
- Soft contact lenses
- Rigid gas permeable contact lenses (when fitted properly this is the most successful option).
- Rigid gas permeable lenses piggybacked on soft disposable contact lenses
- Mini-scleral contact lenses
- Corneal Cross Linking with Riboflavin (C3R)
- Intracorneal Ring implantation (Corneal Ring)
- Re-prescribing glasses, soft contact lenses or rigid gas permeable contact lenses after Corneal ring implantation /corneal cross linking with riboflavin. Continue reading